Do paper umbrellas work？
with its practical function
shading the sun on sunny days
keeping out the rain on rainy days
Is necessity of life for thousands of years, from its appearance in the Eastern Zhou Dynasty
To its mass production by industry.
Modern industrial nylon umbrellas:
- cost a few tens of dollars
- suitable for both rain and shine
Compare to handmade paper parasol.
1. As an everyday umbrella use in ancient China
the paper parasol is not only use to protect from the wind and rain, but also the cotton paper on the surface of the umbrella does not melt.
when it is wet and does not deform.
Because the paper parasol is made of natural bamboo, it will not blow over even in high winds, so it can be use to protect from
- rain even
2. Paper parasol was use as a wedding dowry,
especially in the Hakka customary wedding including
but the paper parasol as an indispensable item in the bride’s dowry
and it also has the meaning of blessing
- the early birth of a son
- symbolizes the successful achievement of the couple.
3. Paper parasol is Culture
- a great creation of the working people and their emotions,
- perfect combination of science
- art that carries the national culture and psychology.
It is a perfect combination
- science, practicality
It inherits the traditional handicraft skills
reflects the long historical value of folk culture with unique craftsmanship.
4 Paper parasols have function
- warding off evil spirits
- keeping peace
Chinese folk believe tung oil：
- ward off disasters
- evil spirits,
- protect against rain
If you have a red oil paper parasol,
- bring peace
In many places, it is customary to worship ancestral spirits with oil paper umbrellas.
5 Paper parasol is China’s national intangible cultural heritage
- a handmade paper parasol
- a collection of endangered craftsmanship
- literati calligraphy
Rich in Chinese cultural elements of the eegant shape, simple nostalgia, exquisite aesthetic, is an elegant work of art
6 Paper parasols interpret classic love
- In “The Legend of the White Snake”,
Xu Xian and the White Snake use a red umbrella as a token of love at the West Lake Bridge, and they share the same umbrella in the rain and wind.
- Dai Wangshu’s “Rainy Lane”
depicts the beautiful and romantic scene of “ancient town + rainy lane + oil paper umbrella + beautiful woman”, and the paper parasol has long become a symbol of romantic classical love.
7 Paper parasols are very fashionable decorations,
we can generally see traces of umbrellas
- clothing stores
- gift stores
not only can bring you a different decorative atmosphere, but also can make your space more cultural, because the paper umbrella itself is a cultural element.
8 Paper umbrellas are environmentally friendly products
better for the environment and human health.
because modern umbrellas use chemical fibers, the good-looking appearance hides factors that are harmful to human health
1. Formaldehyde exceeds the standard
2. The fabric is not environmentally friendly
3. Color/color plastic exceeds the standard
4. Iron or steel umbrella frame is easy to hurt people
5. Plastic parts secondary recycling
If you don’t want to use it, you can give it to your children as toys, or indoor decorations, or give it to your friends!
Paper parasol is the most suitable parasol,
if you have any questions,
please feel free to consult us,
HengYun for you